Long grain sticky rice, also known as glutinous rice, is one of the delicacies of Asian cuisine. In fact, long grain sticky rice is most commonly used in the famous Thai dish “sticky rice and mango,” while short grain sticky rice is used quite often in Japanese sushi.
Now, what makes sticky rice different from regular white rice? Where does it originate from? And where does it get its stickiness? In fact, the stickiness comes from a low amount of the starch amylase but extra amylopectin, and this also gives the rice a sweet flavor that makes it the most desired alternative to regular white rice.
Our long grain sticky rice is cultivated in the wetlands of California. Because of California’s low humidity and close proximity to the ocean, it provides the most ideal climate necessary to produce the best quality rice. In fact, California is known to produce the largest amounts of rice crops in the world.
Unlike most crops, rice is an aquatic plant that needs continues watering. California’s wetland environment is ideal because it enhances weed control and minimizes the need for additional fertilizers.
- Our premium, authentic long grain sticky rice is sent to us straight from expert harvesters in the wetlands of California. We hand package and ship every batch so you always receive the highest quality sticky rice for Thai meals prepared at home that taste like your favorite restaurant.
- Long Grain Sticky Rice is an essential ingredient in Asian cuisine. Long Grain Sticky Rice is also known as Glutinous rice, and is used in recipes like Sticky Rice and Mango.
- Sweet, with a low amount of the starch amylase but extra amylopectin best describes Long Grain Sticky Rice. Along with Bamboo rice, these are the most prized rices in Asian cuisine.
- 100% PURE – We never add preservatives or fillers to our spices : 100% SATISFACTION – All Burma Spice products come with a 100% money back guarantee. Our products are hand packed in our gourmet spice shop; not in a factory.
- The lid clamps down on contents with a tight-sealing gasket and a sleek chrome closure. The opening of the bottle is wide, providing easy access. The bottle is wrapped in red tissue paper and comes in a glossy white gift box tied with a bow.